Kel-c recently talked to singer Chad Wolf from Carolina Liar. Check out the interview below!
Hi guys! This is Kel-c from Fuel the Media and we’re talking with Carolina Liar! If you could please introduce yourself and what you do in the band?
- it’s Chad
Alright, so when did you first start playing music and when did you know that this was something that you wanted to pursue?
- Yeah I’ve always wanted this as a career. There was always some freedom here that seemed enticing
What are some bands or musicians that inspired you to get into music?
- Honestly I’ve listened to everything I could get my hands on I don’t think I’ve ever turned anything down
How & when did the band form?
- I met johan after we started the demos in stockholm in 2007.
You’ve shared the stage with some pretty well known artists. Who has been your favorite to perform with and why?
- That’s an apple an oranges thing. Each place, time and artist has been a step forward
So, you guys just got off tour with Kelly Clarkson and The Fray. How was that experience?
- It was the largest tour we’ve done to date, and it pushed all expectations we’d had when it came to touring
Did you ever expect the band to get as big as it’s gotten over the past few years? And do you ever just sit back and think how surreal it?
- That’s the thing I love! It’s been a steady growth for us as a band but as we keep branching out it would seem what’s surreal would pass , but it doesn’t there’s always another layer to the story… it really keeps you on your toes
You had a few of your songs play on some pretty big TV shows. How was that and did it kind of shock you when you heard it?
- I get excited still. There’s always someone who hasn’t heard the songs so that always gives me a charge knowing that the songs are still growing
Are you guys working on new music and when can we expect to hear it?
- We are, I hope to get some free downloads up this month then next year a new single or two.
What’s something you want your fans to take away from your music?
- The one thing that people have told me about our songs is that they feel the same way we do in the songs. There is an emotional connection that helps people come to terms with the idea that they are not alone. I feel like that’s what gets taken away and shared with our fans
If could write music with any musician, dead or alive, who would it be?
- I would love to write with David Bowie Or Willie Nelson, Elvis Costello, John Lennon the list could go for ever
Where is one place you want to tour that you haven’t been to yet?
- France, Italy Spain , Africa , there’s so many one places I would like to go play and see
What is something crazy that’s happened while you guys were out on the road?
- A plane we were on got hit by Lighting, rick thought for sure we were gonna die so he started writing on his phone what happen so if some one found the phone they would know what went down. There’s days of stories I could tell
So now we have some fun questions for you guys!
If you could have any animals, extinct or not, what would it be?
- I would love to have a pigmy goat
What is something you do to pass the time while you’re traveling?
- I read a lot, drink red wine, I love finding junk stores, and great diners
If you could be any Disney character, who would you be and why?
- I think I would be piglet, I’m a planner, im small, but I do like to get into trouble often
Do you have any weird hidden talents?
- I can hand jive
What’s one of the weirdest fan encounters you’ve had?
- Some of the older ladies can be extremely forward. You learn when to dodge licks…
If you weren’t in a band, what would you be doing?
- I might be an archaeologist or maybe CIA
Thanks so much to Chad for taking the time out to talk to us. Make sure to check out their website for updates on tours and new music coming soon!